Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another Great Weekend



Another great weekend!!! This past weekend I had our youth group Girls’ Night!!! It was so fun, and 22 girls showed! So many more then we have ever had…we began the night by going to a place called Purple Glaze where everyone got to pick out a piece of pottery and paint it, then the store fires and glazes the pottery for you. After that we went to a family’s house to swim, eat pizza, and make smores. Once everyone was done swimming we returned to the church for some classic games that are totally great to play in a dark church building; like ghost in the grave yard, sardines, tag, and many more! After a few hours of games I put a movie on in the youth house projector and they were out at 4am. Oh what fun!

On Saturday John and I celebrated my stepdad’s birthday at a park with a cook-out and fishing. It was a great day too. And on Sunday our church kicked off its financial building campaign! In which they had John and I speak on behalf of the youth ministry on why this new addition is need so badly…I know, I got to speak in front of the church!!!! Up on stage…but don’t worry I didn’t read scripture or pray or preach. And praise God we already have one anonymous family that is pledging the amount for half of the whole building!!! Hope you had a great weekend too. And here is another Easter picture of me and John dancing at the park!

3 comments:

Neena said...

The picture of you and John dancing is so cute. You look really tan. I'm so glad you had a good weekend. That is awesome about someone already donating half of the money for the building. I know that feels great. We are in the beginning stages of building our first building so I hope it goes as well as yours is so far. Love you and miss you!!

opalessence said...

Hey Crysty...Sound like the girls night was a hit. That is an awesome idea for our church to adopt. I think that "big sister" type of example is incredibly important to the younger girls. The pics are adorable! Have a fabulous Friday!

Anonymous said...

Whoa look at that Belly on John.

Background