Arrivederci! Tomorrow by the time that your alarm goes off John & I will be on our first flight to Italy! I am almost completely packed and still cannot not fathom that this trip is actually happening. It has been five years in the making, and in the saving. We have been so blessed to have both family and the church celebrate this trip with John and I through gifts. Both of which will make this trip even more wonderful.
I am most excited to experience a new country with John and spend time together celebrating the last five years of our marriage, and preparing for what God holds in our next five years of marriage! Below is a concise version of our itinerary; I will post pictures shortly after we return on the 24th of March.
- Thursday, Day 1- New York City, tour the city, the Broadway show Guys & Dolls.
- Day 2- Depart USA
- Day 3- Arrive in Venice, meet tour guide for dinner and explore Venice.
- Day 4- Venice, Pisa, Florence.
- Tuesday, Day 5- Tour Florence. Michelangelo’s David, the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio.
- Day 6- Florence, Assisi, Rome. Sun Route, Basillica of St. Francis.
- Day 7 & 8- Rome. Tour Vatican Museum and Ancient Rome, the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Arch of Constantine.
- Day 9- Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento. Mount Vesuvius, ruins of Pompeii, and the Forum.
- Day 10- Sorrento. A day at the beach in southern Italy.
- Day 11- Naples to Depart for USA.
- Day 12- New York, USA to Dallas.